Monday 16 July 2012

Cheese & Chorizo Muffins

These cheesy delights would be perfect for a picnic. Oh how I love a lazy afternoon at the park with a basket full of nibbles... Unfortunately this Great British wash-out of a summer doesn't look like it'll improve anytime soon. So it's just as well that these muffins taste just as good indoors!

Cheese & Chorizo Muffins (makes 12)

300g self raising flour
1 tsp paprika
80g butter, diced
170g medium cheddar, grated
30g parmigiano reggiano , finely grated
1 egg
250ml semi-skimmed milk
70g sliced chorizo
around 6 spring onions
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170° fan) and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and paprika into a large bowl. Add butter and, using your fingertips, rub it into the flour until you have a fine breadcrumb-like texture. 


3. Stir in chorizo, cheeses and spring onions.


4. Beat the egg with the milk, then stir into the dry mixture.
5. Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 16-20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. HI Suzie! I am totally bookmarking these for a rainy day! I love to bake and have the biggest sweet tooth, however my Mr does not! (I have no idea how or why we are together some days!) but he would LOVE these and I get to bake something new - and not have the pressure of eating them all myself. oh yes, Its a hard life ;)

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!
    I am totally going to rustle some of these up later. Thanks. X

    ReplyDelete